Lower back pain is a very common problem and it is estimated that more than 80% of us will experience lower back pain at some time.
One of the most common causes of our back pain is a straining of the muscles, ligaments or joints in the lower back. This is called a back strain.
The main symptom of lower back strain is an ache and stiffness often with pain which interferes with our work and other activities. Low back strain can be caused by:
• Sporting injury
• Bending or crouching repeatedly for example gardening.
• Incorrect lifting technique.
• Extreme physical exertion.
• Bad Posture
• Sitting awkwardly for example at your laptop or computer.
Remember that low back strain is not the only cause for back pain. There are many other causes, such as slipped discs, fractures, pinched nerves, arthritis, and infections. You should always consult a medical expert for an accurate diagnosis.
What Does Low Back Strain Feel Like?
Symptoms of low back strain include:
• Pain and stiffness in the back.
• Ache and stiffness across the lower back
What's the Treatment for Low Back Strain?
See below for the Pain Guru's helpful advice and tips.