Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions before using this site.
By using this site, you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions as outlined below. If you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions of this agreement, please do not use this site.
These terms and conditions regulate the Agreement between "you" the customer and The Bad Back Company. By placing an order with The Bad Back Company you are offering to purchase the goods detailed within that order, which The Bad Back Company may or may not accept at their sole discretion. In the event of an order not being accepted, we will notify you by e-mail. You undertake that all details you provide for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are correct, that the debit or credit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the costs of the item(s) that you are purchasing. To help prevent fraud and ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate the name, address and other personal information, supplied by you during or after the ordering process against relevant third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks the personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity and a credit check is not performed and therefore your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you, it is your responsibility to inform The Bad Back Company by updating your account details as soon as possible. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Liability To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, our liability to you in respect of an order shall be limited to the value of that order, and we shall not be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, special or punitive loss, harm or damage (including economic loss, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, wasted expenditure or depletion of goodwill) whatsoever or howsoever caused, including, without limitation, as a result of our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms and conditions excludes our liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence; under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
The BADBACK Company is the trading name of The BADBACK Company Limited. The BADBACK Company Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 8764691. The registered office is 6 Central House, High Street, England CM5 9AA
The prices payable for the items that you order are clearly set out on this Website. All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the current rates. We reserve the right to express the price exclusive of VAT, but we shall show VAT separately and include it in the total price. Where we charge separately for packing, carriage, insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown elsewhere on this Website. Prices can change and we always bring you the latest prices as quickly as possible.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, we cannot guarantee the actual product colours as these may vary from colours displayed on your viewing device.
You can check the information that we hold about you by logging on to our website and checking your Account. We constantly strive to give you a pleasant, efficient and secure shopping experience.
We do not store your credit or debit card details and all credit and debit card transactions are done through an approved secure third party.
Your password to our site is encrypted and not available to be viewed by our staff. If you forget your password you can only retrieve it yourself by requesting it via the forgotten password option and it will be emailed to your unique email address.
We do not have any arrangements with third parties to disclose any of your details and we will not pass any of your details on.
You can choose to opt out of a mailing list at any time.
We do not sell any data we collect or you supply to us when visiting our website or communicating with us. We have always treated you and your data with the greatest security and this updated policy is to assure you that we will continue to do so in accordance with the GDPR of 2018.
Your Personal data we may collect, use, store and transfer about you (for example when you purchase an item(s), create an account with us or fill in forms on our website) is detailed below:
• Identity Data which includes first name, last name, business name, salutation/title, shipping first name, shipping last name, shipping salutation/title and date of birth (where purchasing an age restricted product)
• Contact Data which includes billing address, shipping/delivery address, email address, telephone number(s) and company name
• Financial Data which includes payment card details, fraud check details, payment method details, bank account details (if provided for refund)
• Order Details such as reference numbers or words that you have added to your order that may refer to personal details
• Transaction Details which include details about payments to and from you, details of products and services you have purchased from us, age verified status (where appropriate)
• Profile Data which includes your email address, password, purchases or orders made by you, your feedback via review(s) or via questions you ask via the website.
• Usage Data which includes information about how you use our website and the products, services and pages viewed
• Marketing and Communication Data which includes your preferences in relation to receiving marketing or information emails from us and third parties, and feedback request emails
• VAT relief details which include your (or the person you are claiming VAT relief on behalf of) name, address, declaration of chronic illness or disability and signature
• Technical details including your device, IP address location, IP address, hostname/server, registration date and time, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details of number of and last visit to the website including date and time date and time.
• Any other information that you directly provide to us whether through our contact form, review submissions, asking a question via our website, over the telephone, by postal order(s) or communication by email, by entering a competition or survey
• Email content, postal content and telephone content data which includes information that you have provided or that we have requested from you by email, post or telephone
• Details provided via application forms (such as a CV for a job application)
Your data and how we may use it:
Much of the data collected is provided to us directly by you (for example by placing an order, creating a secure account or subscribing to our newsletter) and is used to enable us to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services).
Below are details of how we might use your data so that you can understand how we may use it.
• To reply to any enquiries you have regarding our products or services.
• To process financial transactions so that you may purchase goods or services from us.
• To allow us to process your orders and deliver your order(s)
• To allow us to provide customer support with regard to our products and services and assist with any enquiries you or we might have with regard to any orders you have or are might have with us. (legitimate Interests)
• To keep records of orders placed with us and any communication with regards to orders placed with us.
• To ask you to leave a review or take part in a survey or invite you to enter a competition. (legitimate interests)
• To comply with any legal obligations we are subject to.
You have the legal rights with regards to the personal data we hold that includes your rights to request access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability and objection. For full details please see: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is deemed to be unfounded, excessive or repetitive. We will respond to all requests within 30 days.
To contact us you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at: The Bad Back Company, Data Protection Officer, 1-4 Central House, High Street, Ongar, Essex, CM5 9AA.
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
Some links within this website may lead to other websites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. The Bad Back Company includes these links solely as a convenience for you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, it’s operator, or it’s contents.
The BADBACK Company provides this website as a service.
The author of this website specifically disclaims any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the use or application of any information or use of any products contained in this website. While the information contained within this site may be updated periodically, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is complete, up to date or correct at any given time.
The information contained within this website is not intended to serve as a replacement for professional medical advice. You should consult in person with a qualified doctor or health professional regarding your pain or any other health related issues or problems. Never disregard qualified medical advice or delay seeking it because of anything you have read on this site.
Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purpose of viewing on a personal computer. The contents of this site are protected by copyright under international conventions and apart from any permission stated, the reproduction, re transmission or permanent storage of any part of the contents of this site is prohibited without the prior written consent of The Bad Back Company.
Calls to our 0345 6063335 number. Please be advised that calls will cost 5p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.
Please be advised that these Terms and Conditions may be changed in the future.